2020 Election Dates
| Presidential Primary
|| March 3
| First day to file for election to City Council
|| May 19
| Last day to file for election to City Council
|| June 2
| Primary Election
|| August 11
| General Election
|| November 4
Presidential Primary - March 3
Polls open at 7:00 am and close at 8:00 pm.
Precinct 1 covers addresses that are north and south of Highway 95 but are west of the railroad tracks. Precinct 1 is located at the Cambridge Fire Hall, 300 3rd Avenue NE.
Precinct 2 covers City of Cambridge address that are south of Highway 95 but east of the railroad tracks. Precinct 2 is located at Cambridge City Hall Council Chambers, 300 3rd Avenue NE.
Due to a new Minnesota state law, voters are required to select a ballot from a major political when they check into vote. In the 2020 election, only two major political parties, Democrat or Republican, have candidates on a ballot. Therefore, in order to vote in the Presidential Primary you will need to select the Democrat or Republican ballot.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must have been a Minnesota Resident for at least 20 days prior to election
Already registered? Check or verify your voter registration status online.
Voting is faster and easier if all your information is up to date. Update your voter registration information at least 21 days prior to an election, which automatically updates election roster books. You can update or register to vote on the Secretary of State's website.
To register on Election day, any one of the following are accepted as identification:
- A valid Minnesota driver's license or permit with current address
- A valid Minnesota identification card with current address
- A valid student identification with a photo and current address
If your photo ID does not contain a valid current address within the precinct, you may use a document from each bullet point list below:
- An original gas, electric, telephone, cellular, cable, garbage, water or sewer bill showing your current address and due up to 30 days before or after election day
- Your Minnesota's driver's license or Identification card, U.S. passport, U.S. military identification card with your photo or Minnesota post-secondary student identification card with your photo
Cambridge has 2 polling places, which are used for City, County, State & Federal elections.