- Each property requires a separate registration form
- Property owner must appoint a rental manager
- Transfer of ownership or conversion requires a new registration
- Registration fee is $25 per unit
- Registration expires December 31st of all odd-numbered years. Registrations received after January 31st of the following year will be subject to a double fee.
- A certificate will be issued to you by the City of Cambridge and must be posted in each rental unit.
- Property owner is related to the tenant (see ordinance for details)
- Property is a State registered or licensed facility/home or is a Public Housing Agency
- Property owner occupies the residence and rents out space to 2 or less tenants in an area where they all share the living space. (Secondary kitchens, separate entrances, etc. require registration)
If you have questions regarding the rental registration process, please contact Carri or call 763-552-3257.