Request for Bids or Proposals
Requests for Proposals
The Cambridge EDA, Management Agent, located at 121 Fern Street So, Cambridge, MN 55008 is soliciting proposals for the following projects at Bridge Park Apartments, 121 So Fern Street, Cambridge, MN. 55008.
Paint ceilings and walls in common areas ( 4 floors)
Enclosed is the information needed to submit proposal. Please review and read thoroughly. If you have any questions and would like to set a time to inspect the project, please call 763-552-3278. Thank you for your time in considering this project.
Proposals need to include all material, tax, permits, warranties and labor to complete the project.
The Cambridge Economic Development Authority reserves the right to reject any or all proposals or to waive any information in the proposal.
All proposals need to be sent to: City of Cambridge, 300 3rd Avenue NE, Cambridge, MN 55008. Attention: Bridge Park Apt Proposal.
Bid opening will be on Tuesday, May 31, 2016, 9 am at the Cambridge City Hall.
Proposal is scheduled to be approved by the Cambridge EDA Board on Monday, June 6, 2016.
Only proposals submitted in a Sealed Envelope will be accepted.
City of Cambridge 2016 Street Seal Coating
The City of Cambridge is soliciting bids to complete $115,000.00 of seal coating on City streets. Contractors must provide a price per square yard they will apply up to that amount. Work must be completed between June 13, 2016 and September 16, 2016.
The City of Cambridge is also soliciting bids to complete approximately 9,800 square yards of seal coating at the city’s Wastewater Treatment Facility (WWTP) located at 800 7th Ave SW. An aerial map has been provided for this area. Area estimates are given for reference only and contractor should verify all measurements in the field. A price per square yard must be provided to apply seal coat to all paved areas. Work must be completed between June 13, 2016 and September 16, 2016.
The contractor will perform Chip Seal Treatment at the WWTP and on streets designated by the City in accordance with the following specifications;
- Contractors personnel must be in compliance with OSHA standards, including wearing all required safety equipment.
- Any and all traffic control must meet all MnDOT and local standards.
- Areas to be swept free of dirt and foreign materials by a pick-up type sweeper. These sweepings are to be disposed of by the Contractor.
- Furnish and apply CRS-2P Liquid Asphalt at a rate of 0.25 gallons per square yard.
- Furnish and apply FA-2 Granite aggregate at a rate of 20 pounds per square yard. Spread uniformly over surface with a full width self propelled spreader.
- Roll entire area with pneumatic tired roller.
The City will perform final sweep and will dispose of these sweepings.
Contractor will give City 48 hours advance notice before any work can begin.
Contractor must complete State of Minnesota Verification of Responsible Contractor Requirement form and it must be included with bid. Bids with missing forms will be considered incomplete and be rejected.
Return bids to Cambridge City Hall, 300 3rd Ave NE, Cambridge, MN 55008, clearly mark 2016 Seal Coating Bid on envelope, or email to email@example.com Bids must be received no later than 11:00 AM on Wednesday June 1, 2016. No public opening of bids will be completed. The work will be awarded by the Cambridge City Council at the June 6 meeting. The City reserves the right to reject any and all bids based upon the best interests of the City.
Request for Proposals through Best Value Contracting
City of Cambridge Refrigerated Hockey Rinks
Project Construction Date: Fall 2016
The City of Cambridge is seeking proposals through the best value contracting process for the construction of two refrigerated hockey rinks. Concrete surface for the refrigerated rinks is 87 x 204 with skating ice dimensions of 85’ x 200’. Please see attached layout for additional details.
Please prepare a bid response that will meet or exceed the materials outlined below. All equipment proposed must be new equipment (not refurbished equipment) and meet or exceed current environmental standards for refrigeration.
Final consideration for awarding the bids will be based upon:
Experience in similar projects 30%
Cost & ongoing operational expenses 30%
Design, Layout, & Technical merits 20%
Contractor’s interview 20%
Proposals must include, but not limited to, the following items for the construction and operation of the rinks:
- Refrigerant Mains
- Rink Floor Insulation
- Tubing Support Chairs
- Reverse Return Header System
- Rink Floor – 1” Polyethylene Tubing
- Concrete Reinforcing
- Concrete perimeter curb
- Expansion Joints
- Chiller Package (environmentally friendly)
- Contractor must furnish and install copper piping and a refrigerant that any licensed HVAC/R contractor can work on (meaning no specialty license needed to perform the work).
- All electrical work included a pre-wired rack mounted electrical panel with circuit breakers, contractors, phase failure control, individually fused control circuits, pilot lights and toggle switches. Also include a control system with remote monitoring and transformer with fuses to accommodate 120-volt control circuit.
- Pumps, diffusers, service valve, insulation, thermometers and pressure gauges and interlocked with the compressor control system to maximize energy efficiency.
- The compressors and the circulating pumps must be wired to a single connection point. Preference is for an air-cooled condenser.
- Ice Rink Pumps for the chilled ice rink floor. One pump for the each chilled ice rink floors with piping that is insulated with 1 ½” Preformed Styrofoam Insulation with a white PVC Jacket.
- Projected operating costs including energy consumption (based upon three phase power).
Proposers should be open to working with the Cambridge Isanti Hockey Association on providing volunteer labor on items to help the project be cost effective. Parties interested in providing proposals are invited to a pre-proposal meeting on June 8 at 9:00 am at Cambridge City Hall, 300 3rd Avenue NE.
Proposals should be returned to Lynda Woulfe, City Administrator, City of Cambridge, 300 3rd Avenue NE, Cambridge, MN 55008 by 10:00 am on Friday, June 17. There will not be a public opening of the proposals, but they will be evaluated by the City’s Technical Review Committee. Interviews for this project will take place on Thursday, June 23. The selected contractor will need to execute a contract and general conditions as prepared by the City.
Posted: May 19, 2016
Lynda J. Woulfe, City Administrator