Welcome to the City of Cambridge Website!
The City of Cambridge is a great community in which to work, live, and play. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions concerning City Council meetings, Economic Development Authority meetings, elections, licensing, and/or other City services.
Cambridge City Hall
300 3rd Avenue NE
Cambridge, MN 55008
What sets Cambridge apart?
The Rum River meaders through the 7.9 square miles of Cambr
idge which is also known as The Opportunity Community! We begin with the 135 year old charming and vibrant downtown to a wide variety of many excellent shoppiong areas. Cambridge has great biking, walking, skateboard, recreational fields, playground parks, and even fishing...all within City limits!
Cambridge has approximately 8,100 residents and encompasses special features that set it apart from other communities. The Rum River, a thriving downtown, many city parks, and a Performing Arts Center are just a few highlights.
As a County Seat, Cambridge is a hub for activity that has government offices, a community college, and a multi-specialty full service hospital which services more than 30,000 area residents. A new industrial park offers tax credit incentives to new businesses, and an existing industrial park houses several large corporations providing many job opportunities.
Would you like to opt-out of the yellow pages?
YellowPagesOptOut.com is a free, convenient & secure way to limit or stop home delivery of telephone directories. It is the official site of the Yellow Pages industry provided at no cost to users, cities and states. Data submitted will never be used for marketing purposes and never given to third parties.
- The City of Cambridge has 8,236 residents - approximately 21% of the Isanti County's population
- 27% of the City's budget goes for police protection.
- 5% of the City's budget goes for fire protection.
- 31% of the City's budget goes to public works for street and park maintenance.
- 71% of the City's annual and general fund revenue fomes from property taxes.
- Northbound Liquor is Cambridge's Municipal Liquor Store and contributes $350,000 in tax relief to residents.
- 47 full-time employees.
- Water Budget is $2,882,312.
- Sewer Budget is $3,510,621.
- Storm Sewer Budget is $695,775,
- Water, sewer, and storm sewer rates must be set to pay for all operating and capital costs.