OPEN POSITION: Building Inspector
Starting salary range is $24.51 to 26.25 per hour plus benefits.
The City of Cambridge is accepting applications for a full-time Building Inspector. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, administering and enforcing all City ordinances related to building, mechanical, plumbing, life safety, accessibility, and housing codes. Conducting inspections and plan reviews to ensure compliance with various building codes and assess appropriate fees. Conduct building and site inspections of residential, commercial, and industrial property to ensure compliance with plan drawings, specifications, and codes of new structures and development within the City.
- High school education or equivalent.
- A Class D driver’s license.
- Building Official Limited Certification issued by the Minnesota Department of Labor & Industry.
- Must be proficient in use of computer tablet, IPad, or laptop for field inspection notes, inspection appointments, drafting correspondence, and e-mail.
- Certified Building Official certification issued by the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry.
- Considerable experience working as a building inspector, construction experience.
Complete the Application and Supplemental Application and Return to Cambridge City Hall, 300 3rd Avenue NE, Cambridge, MN 55008.
Application deadline is 12:00 Noon on March 28, 2019. Applicants eligible for interview will be interviewed on April 2.